Junior Data Engineer
Are you (almost) finished with your studies in the field of Computer or Data Science? Can’t wait to roll up your sleeves and develop yourself quickly by working on different projects within an enthusiastic engineering team? Then we are looking for you!
What will you tell people at parties?
Blenddata is a young organization and one of the fastest-growing engineering consulting companies in the Netherlands. In my position, I serve as a hands-on data engineering consultant for cool customers such as Rabobank, Damen Shipyards and Nationale-Nederlanden. Our job is to ensure that our customers will survive tomorrow, by using data to increase work happiness and process efficiency. Together with highly skilled engineers we use innovative technologies to make business objectives measurable for organisations, so they can reach their strategic goals.
Who are we looking for?
As a Junior Data Engineer, you will act as one of the knowledge partners of Blenddata’ s clients by through consulting and hands-on implementation of modern data platforms. This means that you build data pipelines that extract data from various business systems and prepare it in a data warehouse or data lake. In addition, these data pipelines are modular and easy to maintain. You will be part of a fun and cohesive team with more experienced data engineers, which you can lift yourself up to.
In this role, you will focus on:
- Developing scalable and robust data pipelines using advanced data technologies and frameworks, including e.g. Azure components, Python, Spark, Docker, Airflow and Kubernetes;
- Creating modular data platforms for our customers based on our validated services framework;
- Implementing CI/CD and testing for the data pipelines;
- With your creativity, you are able to develop new features based on short development cycles using SCRUM principles.
How our perfect match looks like!
- You have a completed your WO degree in Computer Science and or Data Science or another quantitative field;
- You have the ambition to learn the craft of data engineering by applying software engineering best-practices;
- In addition, you value developing long-term client relationships in an informal and accessible way;
- You have accumulated experience in Python and SQL during your education and are familiar with one or several of the following innovative technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, Airflow, Spark, Databricks and Terraform;
- You are willing to work at least 2-3 days a week at our Eindhoven office because you like to like to celebrate successes together and enjoys contributing to the informal corporate culture;
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in Dutch and English (both verbal and written).
What to expect from us?
- A good salary between € 3.000 and € 3.500 per month with the ability grown aligned with your competences;
- A six-week hands-on course to get up-to-speed with the cloud and most prominent data engineering technologies;
- A steep learning curve in cloud technologies programming and data architecture;
- Various career opportunities in both technical and consulting direction;
- Reimbursement of study materials such as books to support your development;
- A financial coach to support you with personal financial planning;
- Room to make an impact within the company in addition to technology, think about sales, marketing, content creation, conference talks and design;
- Daily provided lunch with the team at the office;
- An inspiring environment with our office in the centre of Eindhoven;
- Monthly team events and weekly Friday afternoon drinks!
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
Have we reached your interest? Then we would love to get in touch with you! Apply by using the apply button below or send us your resume with short motivation. Then we will contact you after this.
Any questions? We’re happy to help you!
Please feel free to contact us:
- Lars Hanegraaf (+31 6 30 82 68 53 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Roel Smits (+31 6 81 58 02 99 / email@example.com)