Medior Data Engineer
You are an engineer with a hands-on attitude and a proactive mindset. You know how to put customer needs first and create a solution out of those wishes. We at Blenddata are looking for you! Would you like to move forward, instead of standing still? Are you done with a tiresome and time-consuming way of work? At Blenddata, we make sure you know what is expected, so you can immediately move forward in your data engineering journey!
Is this appealing for you as well? Then you are looking for us too!
What will you tell people at parties?
Blenddata is a young organization and one of the fastest-growing engineering consulting companies in the Netherlands. In my position, I serve as a hands-on data engineering consultant for cool customers such as Rabobank, Damen Shipyards and Nationale-Nederlanden. Our job is to ensure that our customers will survive tomorrow, by using data to increase work happiness and process efficiency. Together with highly skilled engineers we use innovative technologies to make business objectives measurable for organisations, so they can reach their strategic goals.
Who are we looking for?
As a Medior Data Engineer, you and your colleagues will act as the expert and knowledge partner towards our customers via consulting and hands-on implementation of modern data platforms. This means that you build data pipelines that extract data from various business systems and prepare it in a data warehouse or data lake. In addition, these data pipelines are modular and easy to maintain. You will participate in a team in which you are mainly responsible for the technical implementation and supervising less experienced colleagues. Together with more experienced data engineers you will support and design data architectures based on the requirements of our customers.
In this role, you will focus on:
- Developing scalable and robust data pipelines using advanced data technologies and frameworks, including e.g. Azure components, Python, Spark, Docker, Airflow and Kubernetes;
- Creating modular data platforms for our customers based on our validated services framework;
- Implementing CI/CD and testing for the data pipelines;
- With your creativity, you are able to develop new features based on short development cycles using SCRUM principles.
What our perfect match looks like!
- With your proven track record of 2 or more years of work experience, you are ready to start as a Medior Data Engineer at Blenddata;
- You have a completed University degree (WO) in Computer Science and or Data Science or another quantitative field;
- You have the ambition to extend the craft of data engineering by applying software engineering best-practices and you are willing to share your current experience with your colleagues;
- Spotting opportunities and advising customers in an informal and accessible manner comes naturally to you, just as building and maintaining long-term relationships;
- You enjoy working as part of a team and playing a role in coaching juniors;
- You find it valuable to contribute to the informal culture of Blenddata from our office.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in Dutch and English (both verbal and written).
What to expect from us?
At Blenddata you will join a cohesive and fun team working together on variety of projects. The key drivers of our company are working in a transparent, informal and accessible way. At the same time, we value personal development, accessibility and teamwork.
Benefits you will get at Blenddata:
- A salary between € 3.500 and €4.200 per month with the ability to grow aligned with your competences;
- The opportunity to work with an enthusiastic team on a variety of projects.;
- A daily provided lunch at the office along with the team;
- Various career opportunities in both technical and consulting direction;
- A financial coach to support you with personal financial planning and setting proper lifegoals;
- Room to make impact within the company in another field than technology, think about sales, marketing, content creation, and conference talks;
- Reimbursement of study materials such as books that can support your development;
- An inspiring environment with office in downtown Eindhoven;
- Monthly team events and weekly Friday afternoon drinks!
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
Have we reached your interest? Then we would love to get in touch with you! Apply by using the apply button below or send us your resume with short motivation. Then we will contact you after this.
Any questions? We’re happy to help you!
Please feel free to contact us: