Senior Data Engineer
You are an experienced engineer with a hands-on attitude and a proactive mindset. You know how to put customer needs first and create a solution out of those wishes. Do you know all the components and are you able to build and run a pipeline from start to finish? Do you get energy from running a team and do you know how to identify risks within a project? Then we are a good match!
Is this appealing for you as well? Then you are looking for us too!
What will you tell people at parties?
Blenddata is a young organization and one of the fastest-growing engineering consulting companies in the Netherlands. In my position, I serve as a hands-on data engineering consultant for cool customers such as Rabobank, Damen Shipyards and Nationale-Nederlanden. Our job is to ensure that our customers will survive tomorrow, by using data to increase work happiness and process efficiency. Together with highly skilled engineers we use innovative technologies to make business objectives measurable for organisations, so they can reach their strategic goals.
Who are we looking for?
As a Senior Data Engineer, you and your colleagues will act as the expert and knowledge partner towards our customers via consulting and hands-on implementation of modern data platforms. This means that you build data pipelines that extract data from various business systems and prepare it in a data warehouse or data lake. In addition, these data pipelines are modular and easy to maintain. You will participate in a team in which you are mainly responsible for the technical implementation and supervising less experienced colleagues.
What our perfect match looks like!
- With your proven track record of 4 or more years of work experience, you are ready to start as a Senior Data Engineer at Blenddata;
- You have a completed University degree (WO) in Computer Science and or Data Science or another quantitative field, and/or several years of demonstrable engineering experience from which we can see that you are able to fill a senior position;
- You have the ambition to extend the craft of data engineering by applying software engineering best-practices and you are willing to share your experience to other engineers. In doing so, you will review the features they provide and provide appropriate feedback where necessary;
- Operating as a consultant by spotting opportunities and advising customers in an informal and accessible manner is naturally to you, just as building and maintaining long-term relationships;
- Through your experience and natural project management skills you know how to give well-founded and appropriate advice towards different stakeholders as product owners, lead architects and chairmans in technical and non-technical manner;
- You know how to delegate tasks within the development team in no time. You also know how to identify bottlenecks in time and provide support and act towards stakeholders when necessary;
- You receive energy from unburdening customers and stakeholders. You know how to proactively manage their expectations distinguish main and secondary issues and set the right priorities on business and technical level;
- You enjoy working together within an enthusiastic team and find it valuable to contribute to the informal culture of Blenddata from our office;
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in Dutch and English (both verbal and written).
What to expect from us?
At Blenddata you will join a cohesive and fun team working together on variety of projects. The key drivers of our company are working in a transparent, informal and accessible way. At the same time, we value personal development, accessibility and teamwork.
Benefits you will get at Blenddata:
- A salary between € 4.500 and €5.500 per month with the ability to grow aligned with your competences;
- The opportunity to work with an enthusiastic team on a variety of projects.;
- A daily provided lunch at the office along with the team;
- Various career opportunities in both technical and consulting direction. We would be happy to guide you through the process of growing into the position of lead engineer;
- A financial coach to support you with personal financial planning;
- Room to make impact within the company in another field than technology, think about sales, marketing, content creation, and conference talks;
- Reimbursement of study materials such as books that can support your development;
- An inspiring environment with office in downtown Eindhoven;
- Monthly team events and weekly Friday afternoon drinks!
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
Have we reached your interest? Then we would love to get in touch with you! Apply by using the apply button below or send us your resume with short motivation. Then we will contact you after this.
Any questions? We’re happy to help you!
Please feel free to contact us: